Healthcare Syndicate Analyst
Altium Capital Management is a NY-based asset manager primarily focused on the healthcare sector. Our founder, Jacob Gottlieb (CEO/CIO), has over 20 years of hedge fund investing experience, developing successful teams of investment professionals and business management staff. Our growing team of ~20 people includes medical doctors, scientific professionals, and experienced fund managers who work together to uncover unique investment insights to produce superior returns.
At Altium Capital, we look for intelligent, motivated people who want to learn and develop their careers. We pride ourselves on our rigorous fundamental research process, collaborative team approach, and firmwide integrity.
Overview of the Healthcare Syndicate Analyst Role:
We are seeking a healthcare syndicate analyst to support our senior investment professionals by sourcing and diligencing public and private investment opportunities (including syndicated and privately negotiated offerings), monitoring portfolio companies, and tracking market transactions. Ideal candidate will have a financial services background in biotechnology, specialty pharmaceuticals, medical technology, or related areas. Candidate should be an eager, self-starter who can manage all aspects of the ECM syndicate process, including 1x1 interaction with management teams, roadshows, deal color, managing street relationships, all the way through to deal allocation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and analyze potential ECM investment opportunities (financing screens, deal calendar, self-sourced transactions)
- Monitor ECM market performance and terms, build and manage valuation models, and compose investment memos
- Track and update portfolio companies and industry news/events
- Source new investment opportunities through frequent and direct outreach to sellside bankers and capital markets teams, corporate investor relations and management teams, conferences, roadshows, etc.
- Assist in the execution of privately negotiated financings where appropriate
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3+ years of healthcare investment banking experience (background in ECM a plus)
- Proficient in financial and data analysis, including creating financial models, market and pricing estimates, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to clearly pitch ideas
- High EQ and ability to manage counterparty relationships
- Disciplined process, highly motivated, professional, strong attention to detail
- Legal background and/or experience structuring bespoke deals a plus
Please send resume to email@example.com with “HEALTHCARE SYNDICATE ANALYST” in subject line.
submit your resume
Salary Range: $100,000 – $200,000 base + discretionary bonus
No recruiters please.